Welcome to Joe’s Answer Bag Week!
This week, I’m going to try an experiment. A week dedicated only to answering questions from you all. Why am I doing this? Well, my inbox currently has about 150 unanswered questions, and many of them are good. Of course, many of them are completely off the wall. I just want to knock that number down.
These days I get too many questions to answer them all. I will choose as many good ones as I can get through, but not every question can get answered. Please don’t let that dissuade you from asking them, though.
I’ve always thought the ability to answer your questions was one of Tumblr’s best features, and this is something I’ve wanted to try for a while. I actually pay attention to questions in the comments, for you non-Tumblr readers. So here’s how this is going to work:
- You’ll see a bare minimum of other posts this week, unless it’s something I just can’t resist showing you, like if we discover alien life or a Republican presidential candidate admits to believing in evolution.
- I will close my Ask box for the week about 15 minutes after this post goes up, so if you have a burning issue, see a doctor. If you have a last minute good question, get it in there.
- I’ve never allowed anonymous questions, and that won’t change. But I’ll leave names off if requested.
- I’m going to post them so they’ll be rebloggable, since people vastly prefer that.
- As always, I prefer questions about science, or maybe education. I’ll sneak a few fun ones in there, just don’t be inappropriate.
- Most importantly: At the end of this week I will be clearing out my inbox. That means if you asked me a question, say 5 months ago, and you haven’t seen it … it got lost in the shuffle or didn’t get answered. Resubmit it later on, and we’ll start from scratch.
And if seeing a week full of answers annoys you, then just shut your eyes and it will be over soon! I’ll see how this works and hopefully it will be beneficial for everyone … for you, getting knowledge bombs dropped on ya, for me keeping down that pesky inbox number :)
21 Notes/ Hide
- gobbldygook likes this
- iamgrady said:I think this is great! not only for your ask box, but because part of the reason we stick around is for your personality and that really comes out in the asks.
- merrysunshine reblogged this from jtotheizzoe
- ucsdhealthsciences likes this
- reybrutal likes this
- xxevanflynnxx reblogged this from jtotheizzoe
- melecwi likes this
- chuckconqueso likes this
- theclosetdoor replied:
- sonnyjohl likes this
- peonae likes this
- thefunkisdead likes this
- happypersonx7 likes this
- inspirationengine likes this
- isaacmarinho likes this
- castlebuilder likes this
- jhuynhphotography likes this
- miss-cute1 likes this
- jtotheizzoe posted this