It’s Okay To Be Smart: Two Trips Around The Sun
Happy Second Blog-o-versary to ME!!
That’s right, this blog was birthed into the digital world, kicking and screaming and with only a basic mastery of its bodily functions, 731 days ago (thanks to the leap year). So of course I have to take a moment to get a tiny bit sentimental.
Seriously. Two years ago, I was sitting at the same desk as I am now, probably doing something similar to what I am doing now (scowling at an experiment that didn’t work very well), and I activated this Tumblr. And here we are.
If you asked me how many people I figured would be interested in my particular brand of sciencey blogging (equal parts wonderfulness/off-the-wall/creative/educational/analytical/whatever else I do) two years from that day … I would have guessed maybe 10% the number of people that have joined along on this trip, max. And even that is on the high end of my wildest dreams. So wow, yeah, THANK YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE SO MUCH! It’s really about you. The energy I get from this, no words. And maybe we’re making a small difference, learning, and making the world feel comfortable in smart skin.
I tippity-typed out some thoughts about my blog journey a couple weeks ago — you know, the “How it changed my life" stuff — so you can go read that if you want to continue on this sentimental walk in the park with me!
So, by my count I have posted something like 5,474 times since then. For this party, in lieu of presents or your presence, why not spend the next several hours clicking this Random Button or going back-back-back through The Archive (all 5,474 posts) and telling me what your all-time favorites are? Take your time. It’s a weekend.
Tweet me @jtotheizzoe if you find a gem that means something to you (to get around the pesky URL/Tumblr messaging impasse).
I have trouble remembering what I had for breakfast the day before, so this will help me recall some of the fun we’ve had. Memory goes with age.
Oh, last but not least … I got you guys some cake:
62 Notes/ Hide
- aspiritbreakingfree reblogged this from jtotheizzoe
- sonnyjohl likes this
- zeroplusstained likes this
- soulsuckingisaacnewton likes this
- alexiaserpentini likes this
- sleeptard likes this
- spleenology likes this
- chuckconqueso likes this
- eillipses likes this
- castlebuilder likes this
- asteroidproject said: Love your work.
- asteroidproject likes this
- onlycorruptblood likes this
- dreamerbaybay likes this
- realcleverscience said: happy blogoversary =)
- realcleverscience likes this
- senorpyjamapants likes this
- feedmesushi likes this
- dullscythe likes this
- intrinsica said: Er…not to be cheesy, or anything, but this post made me so very happily sentimental. You do an amazing job on this blog, and it’s a lot of fun to read your posts. Stay awesome!
- intrinsica likes this
- mechadork likes this
- hiddenlex likes this
- wheneveryonessuper said: Congratulations, and here’s to hoping for a few more lovely years :)
- staceypix likes this
- stressface likes this
- rocksandants likes this
- joshsternberg likes this
- magicbuni likes this
- robot-scientist likes this
- koogle likes this
- huffpostscience likes this
- naturalanomaly likes this
- biitumen likes this
- maltlottery likes this
- scattered-eclectic likes this
- punkhawke likes this
- anindependentguinevere likes this
- cynx56 likes this
- desertblacksnake likes this
- watchingskylines likes this
- madgirlslovetea likes this
- caffeinatedsquirrel likes this
- acontemporaryliberal likes this
- tovoto likes this
- chels likes this
- mingpong likes this
- redcloud said: The cake is a lie.
- redcloud likes this