Really cool solar powered printer - the sand is used as ink!
I’m truly blown away by this.
A solar-powered 3D printer in an Egyptian desert creates with sand and magnified sunlight to make glass-based objects.
In a world increasingly concerned with questions of energy production and raw material shortages, this project explores the potential of desert manufacturing, where energy and material occur in abundance.
In this experiment sunlight and sand are used as raw energy and material to produce glass objects using a 3D printing process, that combines natural energy and material with high-tech production technology.
Solar-sintering aims to raise questions about the future of manufacturing and trigger dreams of the full utilisation of the production potential of the world’s most efficient energy resource - the sun. Whilst not providing definitive answers this experiment aims to provide a point of departure for fresh thinking.
Can I get a hell yeah? Also, who do you call for tech support when your computer won’t recognize that it’s connected, and it just printed fine yesterday GAHHHHHHHH!!!
174 Notes/ Hide
- trawpius reblogged this from ikenbot
- tomofbedlam likes this
- thatsthatfunk reblogged this from ikenbot
- greeneggsandslam reblogged this from jtotheizzoe
- svensen-unterwegs reblogged this from prostheticknowledge and added:
- huliwuxian likes this
- atomiczebra likes this
- mutualassureddistraction reblogged this from project-argus
- anonemouse reblogged this from mohandasgandhi
- contraband-circus likes this
- squeasel likes this
- pardenarden reblogged this from cnce and added:
- acidwashgenes reblogged this from prostheticknowledge
- officefordesignoperations reblogged this from emergentfutures and added:
- wildeaboutoscar reblogged this from jtotheizzoe
- geoloji reblogged this from climateadaptation and added:
- officefordesignoperations likes this
- pieitiou reblogged this from jtotheizzoe and added:
- imnotpostinganythingonhere likes this
- mcmorgans likes this
- m-y-b-l-u-e-s reblogged this from climateadaptation and added:
- mr-wizard reblogged this from emergentseas
- mr-wizard likes this
- noosphere likes this
- agte reblogged this from climateadaptation
- project-argus reblogged this from ikenbot and added:
- girlswithincendiaryvices reblogged this from mohandasgandhi
- engineeringdreams likes this
- realcleverscience likes this
- afroscientist reblogged this from jtotheizzoe
- heabuh reblogged this from jtotheizzoe and added:
- girlswithincendiaryvices likes this
- adefectiveidealist likes this
- saranghandax likes this
- climate-changing likes this
- mourningwaters likes this
- lifertillthebitterend likes this
- ikenbot reblogged this from jtotheizzoe
- the-naut reblogged this from jtotheizzoe and added:
- kammynx likes this
- shesliketheweather reblogged this from jtotheizzoe
- parchamazad likes this
- sovereign-designs likes this
- slocombe reblogged this from jtotheizzoe
- scrisori-de-sertar reblogged this from jtotheizzoe
- bunnymaven likes this
- flladjuaj reblogged this from emergentfutures
- nyrenealiessa likes this
- ringozatoh reblogged this from jtotheizzoe and added:
- lisauret reblogged this from jtotheizzoe and added: