Any vegetarians in the crowd know what those are? They are fenugreek sprouts. They are often served raw on salads.
Now it looks like Egyptian fenugreek seeds are to blame for the deadly E. coli outbreak in Europe that has gotten about 4,000 people sick thus far and killed 50. Although it seems like there’s a new culprit every week for the source of Sproutbreak™ 2011, European scientists say they are serious this time, really.
Although there is still no actual microbiological evidence that the seeds carried the deadly bug, you’d have to test almost every single seed to rule that out. The EU has issued a recall on fenugreek seeds and sprouts, but it could take weeks to track them all down.
This is the definition of finding a needle in a haystack.
26 Notes/ Hide
- vanuvasayando likes this
- dailiojikalyte reblogged this from jtotheizzoe
- wokfullofcereal likes this
- sodafunkilus reblogged this from jtotheizzoe and added:
- royalcanadianmingling reblogged this from jtotheizzoe
- impromptutrip likes this
- fundipp reblogged this from davidthestrange and added:
- extremely-spiffy reblogged this from jtotheizzoe
- neurote likes this
- davidthestrange likes this
- yen-yaw likes this
- caaahlo likes this
- rotiferola likes this
- iwceq3-14 reblogged this from jtotheizzoe
- crikeyoriley likes this
- northernlumierre likes this
- bravepeterbraden reblogged this from jtotheizzoe
- gjmueller likes this
- girlinged likes this
- conclusiveevidence said: i always hated these things. “bean sprouts” blargh
- jtotheizzoe posted this